The Photonics Assembler will learn several processes and use various types of tools in the assembly of photonic devices associated with faraday isolators and rotators in a clean room laboratory. They will learn and apply basic level entry tasks and responsibilities for technicians in the assembly field.
- Follow detailed instructions as outlined in controlled documentation and manufacturing policies and procedures
- Maintain and clean equipment used in your production area
- Assemble devices for production (freespace or fiber)
- Clean mechanical parts utilizing various chemical solvents
- Fasten mechanical parts utilizing various adhesives
- Follow company procedures for engineering change notices, non-conforming product, customer concerns, returned goods, and report to proper personnel
- Follow quality guidelines
- Maintain a safe work environment by following all safety guidelines, while meeting production goals and schedules
- Follow all cleanroom procedures and policies
- Ability to read, write and follow written instructions in the English language
- Communicate with supervisor regularly (several times a week) to convey work status
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work with others in a team work environment.
- Maintain a high level of quality while functioning within a busy work environment
- Monitor in process parts and communicate to inventory control.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic reading, writing, math and basic computer skills
- Experience in clean room laboratory and or manufacturing a plus
- Able to sit and/or stand for an 8 to 10 hour shift
- Able to lift 30 - 50 lbs from the floor or table height to a height of chest height, using proper lifting techniques
- Able to work an area of strong magnetic fields
- Able to work in a cleanroom, wearing cleanroom attire.
- Ability to use hands and fingers in the manipulation and assembly of parts
- Demonstrate good dexterity
- Ability to demonstrate consistent work attendance record