First and Second Shift
Sewing, stitching, and finishing product to customer project requirements and scope. This individual will work with a wide variety of fabrics, and be involved with complex patterning, using sergers and other industrial sewing machines.
Key Job Functions:
- Follows written job work orders to determine means of finishing product.
- Uses measuring devices and mathematical formulas to determine best use of materials needed for job.
- Prepares machine by changing needles and thread, oiling and changing bobbin, and securing attachments.
- Sews materials together by using industrial sewing machines.
- Completes various finishing of graphic products, including pillowcase, metal frames, zippers.
- Completes work according to customer requirements for accuracy and in time allotted for job.
- Performs preventive maintenance on sewing equipment.
- Utilize computerized order entry system to log jobs in and out of department, or to track job orders.
- Perform general housekeeping and inventory functions within the department.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to sew a variety of materials including vinyl and stretch fabric.
- Strong background using sergers, sewing vinyl and stretch fabric, installing zippers and sewing pillowcase applications.
- Must be proficient with installing zippers and creating pillowcases.
- Must be proficient in math, able to use measuring devices, able to understand dimensions and proportions.
- Must be able to detect minor physical defects.
- Accuracy, precision, close attention to detail and clean work are required
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure of deadlines.
- Must be able to read and understand all job orders.
- Overtime (or ability to work irregular hours) may be required to meet project estimating volume.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years experience with industrial sewing, prefer experience in exhibit/display environment.
- Experience with sewing for 3d displays and/or metal frames preferred.