Director of Operations (Corrugated) - 049120
Director of Operations - Milan, MI
Georgia-Pacific is recruiting a Director of Operations to lead and manage hourly and salaried production employees in a high volume corrugated converting operation in Milan, MI. The Director of Operations should have a strong working knowledge of environmental and safety standards and embrace safety as a value, as well as demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate others and reinforce accountability.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Complying with all company policies and procedures
* Managing the day-to-day operation of the production, maintenance, scheduling, and shipping departments in a union corrugated converting plant
* Ensuring production and delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest costs, consistent with customer requirements, company plans and profit objectives
* Developing innovative policies, methods and procedures that add value for the facility
* Applying and coaching others on Market Based Management(MBM®) philosophy
* Leading and managing direct reports including coaching, performance feedback and incentives
* Influencing, interfacing and gaining credibility across a wide range of levels:
* Executive (GP management team, senior leadership, external customers)
* Direct reports
* GP Supervisors and leads
* GP front-line employees
* Identifying and implementing systems and equipment upgrades and improvements to drive long term value creation
* Understanding and being able to interpret and analyze financial and operating statements
Check out these videos/links to learn more about the Corrugated Business at Georgia-Pacific:
Georgia-Pacific: How Corrugated Boxes are Made
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf