POSITION: Community Health Nurse
Full-time, non-exempt position
LOCATION: Donald A. LaPointe Health & Education Facility
102 Superior Avenue
Baraga, MI 49908
SUPERVISORY CONTROL: Community Health Coordinator
SALARY: Not Rated (minimum starting wage = $24.00/hour)
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure to practice in Michigan, Wisconsin, or Minnesota (must obtain a Michigan License within 6 months of hire).
- Experience in public health/community health, chronic care or working with grant programs is preferred.
- Experience working with Native American populations or organizations is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of Indian Health Programming and the local Tribal community.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and must be insurable to operate fleet vehicles.
- Must be willing to travel, as needed.
- Must be willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- Must have working knowledge of general office and clerical practices; good organizational, verbal and written skills; and strong computer skills, including word processing and electronic file management.
- Must have basic knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory clearance in accordance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act Background Investigator Policy
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a Security Background Check, pre-employment drug screening, and a pre-employment physical.
MANDATORY ANNUAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR Certification/Review
- Universal Precautions
- TB Skin Test
- HIPAA Training
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent.
VETERAN PREFERENCE: Preference will also be given to Veterans who do not have a bad conduct or dishonorable discharges (need DD214).