We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician on 2nd shift at our Milan, MI manufacturing plant. This position offers a rewarding compensation and benefits package, and an opportunity to join a dynamic and stable automotive Tier 1 supplier that has been in business for 40 plus years.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts.
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot basic electrical control circuits.
- Performs all duties and operates machinery & equipment according to MIOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, ear plugs, etc.).
- Modifies computer controlled motion of robot.
- Assists Engineer to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism
- Able and willing to work any shift assigned.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- 3 plus years in a similar maintenance/machine repair role
- Associates degree or journeyman status a plus
- Must have a strong electrical background
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs and Ladder Logic
- Automotive Tier1 supplier experience
- Stampings, welding or rollforming experience preferred