We have an exciting opportunity for a Tool & Die Repair Associate on 2nd shift at our Milan, MI manufacturing plant.
This position offers a rewarding compensation and benefits package, and an opportunity to join a dynamic and stable automotive Tier 1 supplier that has been in business for 40 plus years.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and machinist’s handtools by performing the following duties.
- Performs all duties and operates machinery & equipment according to MIOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, ear plugs, etc.)
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts and make repairs
- Measures, marks and scribes metal stock for machining
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, blanchard and surface grinder to machine parts and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable
- Smoothes flat and contoured surfaces to fit and assemble parts together into assemblies and mechanisms
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances
- Perform hand operations involved in producing jigs, fixtures, tools and dies. Uses hand tools of the trade.
- Determine specifications for inspection of work, using full range of precision measuring and gauging tools to perform inspection before, during and after machining
- Operates Hi-lo truck safely and efficiently and in accordance with MIOSHA and company standards
- Operates Overhead Crane safely and efficiently and in accordance with MIOSHA and company standards
- Able and willing to work any shift assigned
- Participates in continuous improvement activities
- 3 years of experience in Tool & Die Repair,
- Experience running lathes, mills and grinders.
- Good math skills.
- Able to read micrometer, gauges, comparator, and blueprints.
- Proven mechanical ability.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Organized, able to prioritize, plan accomplishment of multiple tasks.
- Self motivated
- Team player with experience working successfully in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills using Windows and MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Quality and safety focused.
- Able to fluently read and write in English.
- Must have own tools.