E&R Industrial, a wholly owned subsidiary of Grainger, is an innovative, full-line industrial supply distributor committed to brand name quality products, competitive prices, and on-time delivery. As a regional distributor of MRO products, including a deep portfolio of metalworking/cutting tool products and solutions, E&R provides outstanding product and technical expertise to the manufacturing industrial sector. The dedicated staff of professionals are proactive in creating cost effective solutions designed to meet and exceed the demands of our valued customers. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference with the manufacturing customers we do not have today and those that we both service. Grainger is a recognized Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list and an equal opportunity employer.
The Collections Representative supports collection efforts of the company's receivables. This role provides effective collection management of 2,500 - 3,000 active accounts within Credit and Collections as applicable.
* Daily customer contact regarding all collection activities for assigned customer accounts in accordance with the company's credit policy and practices in a manner that will result in problem resolution, maximum sales, sound receivables and prompt payment.
* Respond to customer requests for documentation quickly and professionally.
* Promptly answer inbound phone inquiries.
* Demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
* Use of professional collection skills and techniques to identify customer reasons for delinquent account status.
* Work hand in hand with Credit, Sales and Branch partners to resolve collections issues that may require special attention and resolve payment barriers.
* Provide customers needed documentation on disputed accounts.
* Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed customer contact notes as per established standard repeatable processes.
* Work closely with the A/R specialists and customer to resolve situations which cause un-reconciled checks.
* Communicate with Sales and Operations staff regarding specific situations and/or general collection issues.
* Interact with Sales personnel to promote partnerships for payment barrier removal.
* Provide Credit Managers with customer information to assist in evaluation of customer payment terms or DSO.
* Working relationships, Report to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor
* The accounts receivable Team Leader can give day-to-day direction
* Cash Applications
* Contact customer regarding payment status via phone, email
* Mail out daily invoices
* Process credit card payments
* Customer Validation process, credit limits, holding orders, releasing orders and running D&B reports
* Maintain Sales Tax
* Ensure proper level of approval for issuing Credits
* Perform customer setups and changes
* Strong organizational skills
* Analysts are cross trained to ensure efficient collections due to absence of a team member
* Document in the notes payment status or issues
* Investigate short payments due to pricing, quantities, tax and freight
* Supply credit references to customer upon request
* Performs other duties as assigned
* High school diploma or equivalent; some college and/or specialized training preferred
* 1-3 years' experience in a customer service environment is preferred.
* Computer literate and proficient with some Microsoft Excel and Word experience
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, plus solid command of English grammar
* Strong problem solving/organizational skills with a proven ability to plan and deliver results.
* Demonstrate ability to work in complex situations with professionalism and decorum.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.