- Orient, train, schedule and supervise direct service staff: Client Advocate, Children’s Advocate, Domestic Violence Outreach Coordinators, Legal Advocates, Sexual Assault Advocate and Lead Shelter Advocate.
- Facilitate empowerment-centered educational trainings to direct-service staff.
- Provide data entry and oversight for all direct-service staff.
- Participate in appropriate meetings, committees, and projects to benefit clients and the organization.
- Participate in networks with various agencies, organizations, and individuals on a regular basis.
- Engage in systems change work and the promotion of coordinated community response to domestic violence and sexual assault through related activities.
- Conduct speaking engagements and public awareness activities with various agencies, organizations, and civic groups in Mecosta, Newaygo and Osceola Counties.
- Maintain appropriate supervision logs and organizational paperwork.
- Rotate second-tier back-up responsibilities with Executive Director.
- Facilitate, attend, and participate in the Women’s Information Service, Inc. staff meetings as scheduled.
- Update and maintain Standard Operating Procedure manual.
- Provide training and oversight for program evaluation.
- Coordinate with Executive Director to provide facility and computer maintenance oversight.
- Aggregate data for reporting of activities.
- Provide emergency direct service if Advocate is not available.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Professional: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services related field.
- Experience: Demonstrate knowledge of and interest in women’s issues, particularly the dynamics and laws pertaining to domestic and sexual violence.
- Communication: Demonstrate the ability to speak and write clearly using proper spelling and grammar.
- Computer: Demonstrate familiarity with Windows and Microsoft programs. Be willing to learn new software as necessary.
- Other: Possession of a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and reliable transportation.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Shelter Program, Outreach Program, Sexual Assault Advocate, and the Volunteer Program.
SUPERVISOR/RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director.
SCHEDULE: Primarily 8:00-5:30 p.m. 5 days per week. May include other hours to meet organizational needs.