PRODUCTION MIG WELDER/FABRICATOR
Employee performs skilled welding and fabrication of parts, setup, production and assembly in the building of company products.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to read tape measure
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of Welder settings, adjustments and overall operation
- Welding of parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead, overlap, outside corners, etc. and ability to weld various thickness of plate steel, structural materials, etc.
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a satisfactory welded final product
- Operate other accessory equipment and performing tasks necessary for welding such as: Oxygen/Acetylene cutting torches, power hand tools, overhead hoists, magnets, etc.
- Control the processes of fitting, burning and welding to avoid problems in relation to overheat, distortion, expansion or shrinking of parts.
- Examining finish product to insure they meet specifications required
- Must use proper personal safety equipment as required for this position
- Maintain and follow all safety operating procedures
This list is provided to serve as a general guideline for a welding position and is not intended to be all inclusive.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: 2+ years preferred
Physical Demands: While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk, hear, read, write, possess good vision and follow directions and ability to learn and retain information. Must be able to lift and carry up to approx. 50 pounds, climb, reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch and bend. Reasonable accommodations can be made.