The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provide business support to Territory Sales Managers and Independent Agents in assigned regions including the acquisition of profitable new business premiums. Develop project/department objectives, requirements and plans as projects are initiated. Monitor financial activities and prepare reports summarizing data and making recommendations as appropriate. Develop, implement and maintain a support environment and strategy for the IA channel including all aspects of IA support. Support adherence to corporate policies, practices and state regulations to ensure compliance guidelines are met. Analyze and evaluate alternative and innovative recommendations that result in effective business/ technology solutions.
Maintain project documentation and provide updates to management on a periodic basis. Research and analyze sales markets/territories in order to assist in determining effective sales strategies. Provide underwriting support to independent agents including on-site file review, underwriting new business applications, etc. Provide support to membership promotional campaigns to ensure meeting sales goals. Identify agency issues (e.g. underwriting, processing, training, etc.) and concerns and develop recommendations/implementing corrective action plans. Analyze competitor pricing and recommends pricing/product changes to ensure product sales growth and increased profit margins. Act in a lead role for the installation process, ensuring agents are kept current regarding company products and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Finance, Marketing, or a related field
- Obtain State licensure in Property & Casualty insurance sales
- Possession of insurance industry designations (e.g. IIA, CLU, CIC, CPCU)
- Coordinating a business technology solution
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Extensive (up to 70% of work time) travel by automobile and plane with exposure to road/air hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Gathering, researching and analyzing data and making recommendations
- Preparing reports and recommendations to all levels of management
- Representing department on task forces and meetings
- Completing and monitoring financial projections for assigned projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Insurance distribution channels
- Independent agency distribution channel
- State regulations pertaining to insurance sales
- Insurance products and services
- Organization and planning
- Coordination and control of major projects
- Analyze sales markets/territories, develop forecasting models and provide data for management review
- Prepare reports
- Train agents on sales systems and processes
- Educate agents on available agency resources
- Write business proposals/business plans
- Utilize PC and associated software applications (e.g. Microsoft office)
- Identify and resolve problems
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills to include preparation of proposals, reports and technical writing. (A writing sample may be required at time of interview.)
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.