We are currently seeking a Commercial Foreman Electrician:
- Manage multiple small, medium, and large size commercial projects valued at $250 to $1 million+
- Responsible for supervision of field production activities
- Provide assistance to Project Manager and Assistant PM in planning the job, ordering materials, manpower and equipment needs.
- Work with Project Managers to establish project goals at the beginning of the project and monitor success on an ongoing basis.
- Forecast labor needs, monitor labor efficiency, effectively manage, and assign tasks to crew members on a constant and ongoing basis.
- Monitor codes and specifications and establish installation methods, provide guidance to sub-Foreman and apprentices, and adhere to specifications and budget.
- Work with Project Manager to track and monitor material received vs ordered, handle damaged, missing or BO items per Amble Electric
- Ensure the proper safety equipment, materials, and tools are onsite on-time to perform required work and employees are properly trained for safe use.
- Establish safeguards to prevent damage, theft or loss of material or equipment.
- Maintain accurate inventory and condition of all tools on jobsite or stored in vehicle and reconcile with tool manager on weekly basis.
- Maintain complete and accurate “as-builts” on a weekly basis per Amble Electric procedures and project requirements.
- Maintain accurate daily timecards for crew and daily job log.
- Document and communicate any RFI, JHA, design discrepancies, field conditions, inefficacies, delays, damage, deliveries, change in scope etc.
- Communicate effectively with project owners, architects, general contractors, management, crew members, etc. in a timely manner and attend all required meetings.
- Ensure all work performed meets NEC, federal, state, county, local codes, and contract documents.
- Oversee quality and workmanship of the entire project
- Adhere to project contract document changes and Amble Electric change order notice-to-proceed policies.
- Mentor and train apprentices and other team members.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents, and records in our project system.
- Maintain jobsite safety and enforce all rules per Amble Electric
- Lead weekly toolbox talk safety meetings for onsite crew.
- Utilize a proactive approach to anticipate and resolve potential issues.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working as an electrical Foreman in a similar role in commercial electrical construction
- Valid Journeyman License in the State of Michigan
- Valid Driver's license and acceptable driving record per Amble Electric policies
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- Advanced abilities in reading and interpreting electrical plans, and specifications, schedules, and contract documents
- Capable of managing any type of private or public sector electrical construction
- Ability to interpret estimates, proposals, projections, and strategy
- Ability to prepare project takeoffs for material and labor
- Solid understanding of electrical codes and installation
- Strong knowledge and experience related to planning and layout, scheduling, material lead times, product knowledge and installation durations
- Willingness to lead and mentor apprentices and other team members
The requirements listed above represent the demands that this position involves meeting the essential functions of the job. Individuals with disabilities may be offered reasonable accommodations to enable performance of these essential functions.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, walk, and drive or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead.
- Must be capable of working inclement conditions to include extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically able to work 8-10 hours per day.
- Must be able to travel between different work areas including access required by means of ladders or stairs (OSHA approved)
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80lbs.
Competitive Wage and Solid Benefits Package including the following:
- Full Time Position
- Wage: *competitive wage
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K with match, immediately eligible, 100% vested
- Paid Short Term/ Long Term Disability Insurance
- Sick Time and PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Potential
- Company Vehicle and Gas Card
Amble Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.