Position summary: Following CHASS policies and standards, this professional position assumes primary responsibilities for planning, implementing and evaluation of nutritional services for CHASS patients. Provides direct services as required; functions as a member of the health care team providing services with other health care professionals for the same client or group of clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Identify nutritional needs of clients through individual assessment.
- Plan and develop programs to meet individual and group needs.
- Maintain program standards that are consistent with guidelines and theoretical base used by the profession.
- Teach and counsel individuals and groups to meet the nutritional needs of clients.
- Shows sensitivity to personal preference and ethnicity in developing plans for individuals.
- Maintain confidentiality of information about clients.
- Maintain records of service rendered in appropriate software program.
- Reports on nutritional aspect of clients by participating in team conferences.
- Provide one-on-one consultation with clients who are identified as high risk including appropriate referrals and identifying community resources.
Special requirements, qualifications, Licenses or certifications:
Ability to speak fluent Spanish preferred.
Education: Two years of nutrition or health education experience. Previous experience in a community health program or a health setting preferred.
Certificate/License: Registration as a Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association; registration must be maintained for continued status in this employee classification. Current Michigan Driver’s License.