The Children’s Center of Wayne County leads the way in providing an integrated approach to community mental health that treats the whole child and the whole family.
Together with our community partners, we offer meaningful solutions that address mental, physical and behavioral health, abuse and neglect, and poverty challenges currently faced by over 100,000 children in the Greater Detroit area.
The Children’s Center of Wayne County is seeking a Manager in our Campus Operations Department.
This position will be responsible for some of the following:
- Ensures facilities, grounds and parking lots conditions are safe, clean and welcoming by establishing daily documented routines to ensure safety and cleanliness. Communicates facility enhancements and work day disruptions to all staff. Inspect structure of buildings and determine if repairs are needed, act accordingly, ensure roofs, elevators, fire extinguishers have updated inspections. Supervise renovations and additions as necessary. Plans, coordinates and implements maintenance programs and improvements for all facilities owned and leased, including all grounds and vehicles.
- Management of vendors and contracts, supervise custodial contract and support day to day operations, manage and direct day porters. Evaluate and adjust energy expenditures, develop and implement a greener environment plan with director.
- Oversees the opening and closing of all facilities based on operational needs by developing plans to organize agency meeting room set –ups and maintaining of facility equipment, obsolescent, planning and budget replacement. Institutes safety procedures, inspection and upgrading of buildings for fire and accident prevention. Responds to emergency situations, on-call for after-hour emergencies.
- Advises on office space/consolidation for efficiency and agency expansion. Work with procurement to maintain appropriate insurance coverage for buildings.
- Maintain work force development, ensuring staff technical skills meet the needs of the agency and providing additional trainings where necessary. Coordinates the performance of quarterly physical inventories. Transport, guide and direct the disposal of, or relocate office equipment and furniture.
- Develop operations and capital budget with director. Ability to work in team environment to prioritize initiatives
- Attend all required training to enhance skills and meet Agency guidelines and as required by the State of MI, COA, and other agencies governing the operation of the Agency.
- Develop Performance Goals and Expectations with immediate supervisor annually.
- Participate in required supervision, agency meetings and other specialized meetings based upon this position.
- Collaborate and maintain professional standards at all times while conducting agency business.
- Support the values of the family, The Children’s Center Mission and the commitment to the ongoing safety and family stability.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.