Chemical Bank Auto req ID
Teller - Travel - Part Time Location/Division
As a Chemical Banker, you will join other professionals who share our community banking philosophy of making a positive impact where we live, work and play. You will be a part of a growing, Michigan-based community bank that believes in the dreams of its customers and employees alike. With Chemical Bank, you will make a difference in your community while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities like the one described below: State
Michigan Job Description Location: Standish, Michigan
The Travel Teller is responsible for assisting customers with various types of transactions while effectively maintaining a cash drawer and providing an exceptional customer experience, ensuring prompt, efficient, accurate and friendly service. The Travel Teller also engages customers in dialogue to uncover needs for products and services. Work Hours
Work hours vary by location, by business necessity, and may include a Saturday rotation. Position may be full time (minimum of 35 hours per week) or part time (maximum of 27 hours per week) depending on the needs of the branch/department. This position may require attendance at various bank/educational functions before, during, or after normal business hours. Essential Job Functions Operations:
Sales and Service:
- Individuals in this position will travel to branches within an assigned network.
- Accurately performs various customer transactions, work assignments and banking functions according to established bank policies and procedures. Customer transactions include but are not limited to deposits, withdrawal, loan payments, check cashing, issuing cashier's checks, while maintaining operational excellence and providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Examines checks deposited to determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and completes hold notices.
- Maintains an adequate cash drawer at all times; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary, while ensuring cash limits are not exceeded.
- Balances cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations.
- Provides assistance in opening and closing procedures for the banking center.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of regulatory, security, operational and audit compliance.
- Maintains a general knowledge of branch operations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assists in audit review related activities.
- May assist with the processing of ATM, night drop, and coin machine.
- Educate and recommend relevant products and services to customers and refer customers to the appropriate person/department (Mortgage, Commercial, Treasury or Wealth Management) when necessary.
- Resolves escalated customer concerns and issues promptly and effectively
- Maintains a concrete knowledge of products and services offered by the bank.
- Understands the branch/bank's business objectives and goals.
- Actively participate in sales meetings and offer creative ideas.
Essential Skills to Perform the Job
- Must have proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail while demonstrating accuracy in performing all work assignments.
- Embraces a diverse working environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and related Bank software.
- Demonstrated tact and professionalism when exchanging information with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Strong organizational skills.
Required: High school diploma or GED. A Teller 1 should possess a minimum of 1-year previous banking and or retail experience in cash handling, customer service, and sales. Certification
None required. Physical Requirements
Must be able to fulfill the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
• Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
• Dexterity required for manipulating objects and standard office equipment.
• Communication skills using the written and spoken word.
• Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
• Ability to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to bend, squat, and stoop as needed. Chemical Bank Success Profile Expectations
All employees are expected to demonstrate the Chemical Bank Success Profiles:
• Customer Dedication: Go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer expectations.
• High Standards: Establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality & necessary attention to detail.
• Positive Impact: Make positive impressions on those around them. They are optimistic, personable and generally likable.
• Relationship Building: Enjoy being around people and cultivate positive internal and external relationships.
• Team Player: Identify with the team and their role it. They share resources, respond to requests quickly and work collaboratively.
• Creative Initiative: Are proactive and continuously seek to improve existing processes.
• Community Immersion: Embrace the idea of volunteerism and enjoy contributing to add value to the community in which they live.
• Mission Focus: Believe in the mission, value it and are committed to it. From Hire to Retire. With You, Every Step.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer Department
North Region Bank Admin