1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. One year of facilities maintenance experience preferred.
3. Ability to plan and schedule work load independently and to carry out responsibilities with minimum direction required.
4. Able to meet physical demands of daily routine throughout the program year; lift a maximum of 75 pounds.
5. Valid Michigan Driver’s License and reliable transportation with a good driving record required.
To perform facilities set-up and reorganization, storage, custodial, and cleaning duties for Head Start to ensure that the center(s) is/are maintained in a clean, safe, and healthy state and service is provided in accordance with the required state and federal guidelines.
1. Responsible for sanitation of center classrooms at the main Pontiac location to include vacuuming, mopping, cleaning waste containers, waste removal, and cleaning bathrooms.
2. Ensure that all necessary supplies are maintained and organized such that duties can be carried out in a timely manner.
3. On an as-needed basis be able to move office and classroom furniture from site to site or from room to room.
4. Carry out other duties as directed by their supervisor.
Physical Job Description:
Job Requirements for a 8 hours day: Stand- 3 hours; Walk 3 hours; Bend/Stoop: 2 hours
Movements- Yes: Reach Above, Crouch, Kneel, Balancing, Shoulder Level, Squat, Climb, and Pushing