EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
At DornerWorks, we innovate with technology and help create real products based on the ideas shared with us. When we do that together, lives change for the better – patients get more effective treatment, soldiers and astronauts get better tools, and even the backyard grill master gets better food.
Our Embedded Software Engineers are responsible for developing great software for a wide variety of our customer’s products. This position requires someone who enjoys challenge and variety, likes to be involved in all facets of embedded software development, and is driven to be a part of company-wide success. Our Embedded Software Engineers have deep technical knowledge and are often called on to work on large or multi-disciplined project teams. If you are a customer-oriented, collaborative, problem-solving engineer, then this role could be perfect for you!
- Diverse, engaging, collaborative and challenging work.
- Continuous learning. Work multiple diverse projects each year – different technologies, products, and industries.
- Work from home or in-person, while doing what you love.
- Be an engineer, not a digital paper pusher.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with quarterly bonus opportunity.
- Flex Fridays – you want an extra 26 days off? Compressed work week, with the opportunity to take every other Friday off and flexible hours.
- Healthy work/life balance. At DornerWorks’ that is not just an empty slogan; it is one of our core values.
- Organized social events, both onsite and virtual. We promise you’ll have fun!
- Supportive team – not a cutthroat environment but supportive and encouraging.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Use your technical knowledge and experience to develop and deliver embedded software for our clients’ products.
- Collaborate with and contribute your technical expertise with technical project teams.
- Demonstrate innovation by voicing your creative solutions, with both internal and external teams.
- Lead and mentor other engineers, sharing your knowledge and experience, while influencing best practices
- Grow your expertise partnering with our outstanding team. There’s never an end to learning.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE/BSE), Computer Engineering (BSCE), or Computer Science (BSCS).
- 6+ years of professional success in embedded software development.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Experience and interest in working close with external clients, offering creative technical solutions.
- Experience mentoring and leading others, helping less experienced engineers flourish in their career growth.
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
EXTRA’S WE LIKE TO SEE:
- Experience with multiple microcontrollers, cores, and technologies including ARM, NXP, Microchip, and Texas Instruments.
- Experience programming GPUs
- Familiarity with many embedded communication standards like SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet, CAN, USB, etc.
- Security clearance is a plus, but not a requirement
DornerWorks is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
DornerWorks believes a diverse workplace yields better ideas and outcomes and we are committed to promoting diversity of experience, perspectives, and capabilities. Each individual makes a unique contribution to our company. We recognize that diversity is critical to our success. DornerWorks proudly supports a culture of inclusion that encourages a work environment that honors diverse opinions. Employees can thrive here, and know their individual skills, abilities and viewpoints are honored.
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that they are either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324 (b)(a)(3).