Laser North, a laser cutting and fabrication specialist, seeks skilled Welders to join their team in Baraga, Michigan. The welder is responsible for the fit-up and welding of components to produce product in a timely fashion, while maintaining the highest level of quality and safety in our industry.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage: $16 – $26 per hour (based on skills and experience)
- Medical and dental insurance
- Performance based bonus
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, personal days)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Great management
- Skills and safety training
- Company provided apparel
- Safe, clean, and bright working environment
Responsibilities of the Welder:
- Maintain effective welding operations to meet customer demands and provide on-time delivery.
- Fabricate complex weldments in accordance with customer requirements and specifications.
- Takes ownership of organizing and cleaning specified work area in the welding department.
- Takes the initiative to help other production areas as needed.
- Communicates with the Leadership Team when necessary.
- Self-motivation and excellent work ethic, required.
- 1 year of experience as a professional welder, desired.
- Possess welding certification or the ability to become AWS certified.
- Ability to read and understand welding blueprints.
- Ability to read and utilize precise measuring equipment.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and ability to solve problems.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency while maintaining the highest level of safety, quality and efficiency as a welder.
- Ability to follow business rules and guidelines, safe work practices and proper lifting techniques.
Sound like you? Take the next step and apply online at lasernorth.hirescore.com