Status: Hourly Department: 650
Reports to: Welding Supervisor
Summary: Operate, inspect and set up the welder. Perform destruction testing (peal test). Maintain inspection sheets.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Inspects, maintains, and sets up welders.
- Runs production as required.
- Performs housekeeping as necessary.
- Adheres to safety instructions.
- Performs experimental welding, as instructed, to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including environmental and quality standards.
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Is legally authorized to work in the United States on a Full-time basis.
- Perform all duties in a professional, productive manner, with emphasis on our Quality and Safety Policies.
- Works under the supervision of the Welding Supervisor.
- Is skillful in the operation of typically used related tools, materials, and equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED, six months to one year related experience and/or training.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Climate: Heat, humid
- Fumes or airborne particles (dust, smoke)
- Contact with chemicals (cleaners, oils)
- Protective equipment
- Employee works around moving mechanical parts, tools and machinery
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to: stand, walk, bend and reach (both above and below the shoulder).
- The employee is occasionally required to: climb, push, or pull items.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to: use both hands, talk, hear and see.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
**We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We encourage women, veterans and minorities to apply.