Must have an aptitude for mechanics and an eye for detail. The primary function is to ensure that all parts and products under their care are in proper working order and meet the quality standards of the company and industry.
The day to day tasks include working with a variety of tools and machinery to make or repair products and parts for distribution.
Must have the ability to comprehend and follow detailed verbal or written instructions, as well as diagrams, blueprints, and other technical documents is a critical part of assembly.
Must be team player who is willing to work with others.
- Use tools to make or repair parts and products.
- Fasten and install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies, using hand tools, rivet guns, and welding equipment.
- Lay out and drill, ream, tap, and cut parts for assembly.
- Position and align components for assembly.
- Interpret technical documents, such as diagrams, schematics, blueprints, or other verbal or written instructions.
- Work with other members to assemble products.
- Keep a clean and tidy workspace.
- Meet all safety requirements of the company and industry.
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to customer specifications.
- Ability to use reason to solve problems as they arise.