Operates computer numerical control (CNC) machines to machine castings or components following blue prints and other written and verbal specifications by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work safely at all times and follow all safety procedures. Use all safety equipment/devices. When required notify Foreman/Safety Director of any safety concerns.
- Must be able to operate a CNC machine. Be able to turn on and off; properly able to start in middle of program.
- Manipulate controls and enter commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Ability to change tools when required and re-run them.
- Assemble cutting tools in tool holders and position tool holders in machine spindles as specified or insert cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Drill, tap and ream holes.
- Change cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in set up instructions.
- Fill out any forms required for tracking tools.
- Perform own set up; including changing out fixtures.
- Able to use all types of measuring tools/equipment.
- Inspect work pieces to guarantee conformance to specifications using in process prints and gages provided.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust or dirt from work pieces.
- Insure all dimensions on process print are verified as being within tolerance before bringing part to QC for approval.
- In Robotic cells make sure all inbound conveyors are loaded before breaks and end of shift, and empty all outbound conveyors, allowing cells to run through breaks.
- Insure parts are deburred and defect free before putting in finished container.
- Organize, clean and maintain work area. Complete 5S each day.
- Ensure machines are full of coolant and oils for next shift.
- Wash, pack and mark material in preparation for shipment.