Production Supervisor (Corrugated) - 2nd Shift - 047328
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team in Milan, Michigan. This will be a 2nd shift (3PM - 11PM) position supporting our corrugated department. The ideal candidate will be self-driven individuals with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus.
To learn more about the GP Corrugated Business, check out these videos/links:
Georgia-Pacific: How Corrugated Boxes are Made
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Provide leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
* Strictly adhere to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
* Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner.
* Responsibility for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ensure minimum quality expectations are followed and met on a daily basis.
* Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
* Address key issues and concerns and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
* Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required.
* Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
* Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
* Exemplify and advance Market Based Management (MBM®).
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube