Porter Corp is seeking a Welder/Fabricator to become an integral part of our team. When it comes to manufacturing steel shelters, we are a company that "manufactures", not one who has someone else do all the work. With over 40 years of experience, we know what it takes to make a quality product. The welder will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble new metal forms. If interested in this position, please provide a copy of your resume’ when indicating an interest in being considered for the position. We provide a complete package of benefits including 401(k) and profit sharing. Please consider joining our winning team.
- Manufacture and fabricate finished metal products
- Follow blueprints to meet product specifications
- Calculate material measurements to verify specifications
- Conduct tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance
- Assemble and weld structures and sub-assemblies, be responsible for filing, burring and welding
- Must rely on your experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Experienced or technical training as a structural welder with the ability to join, fabricate and weld metal tube and pipe
- Ability to perform MIG welding thin gauge, mild steel and other weld-able material by applying appropriate welding techniques
- Must be able to read and understand a tape measure, weld symbols and welding gauges
- Must be able to interpret blueprint specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine and apply appropriate welding process
- Fabrication abilities are helpful
- MIG welding: 2 years’ experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holiday's, 401 (k), STD and LTD, Life Insurance, Uniforms, Employee Assistance Program.
Porter Corp., a PlayCore company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.