POSITION: UNIT MANAGER (THP&S)
Full-time, Non-exempt position
LOCATION: Transitional Home Programs & Services, Baraga, Michigan
SUPERVISORY CONTROL: Programs & Services Team Lead
SALARY: Grade 3 without credentialing (min starting wage = $15.00/hour)
Grade 4 with OVW Basic Training credentialing (min starting wage = $16.47/hour)
- Must have High School Diploma, GED, or Certificate of Completion.
- This qualification may be waived for individuals 62 years of age or older who meet the remainder of the qualifications listed below.
- This qualification may also be waived for KBIC members working toward obtaining their GED who meet the remainder of the qualifications listed below. (Applicants must obtain their GED within one year of hire and progress reports must be provided quarterly to the Department Director and Personnel Director).
- Previous experience in the Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault field is preferred.
- Must not have been (or currently be) a client receiving services from the KBIC OVW Program in the past 12 months from the date of application.
- Must have the ability to lead and supervise others.
- Must be willing to attend training.
- Must be able to document legibly.
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted state driver’s license and be insurable to operate fleet vehicles.
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory clearance in accordance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act Background Investigations Policy.
- Employment contingent upon the satisfactory result of a security background check, pre-employment physical and pre-employment drug testing.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent.
VETERAN PREFERENCE: Preference will also be given to qualified Veterans who do not have bad conduct or dishonorable discharges (need DD214).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Supervises the activities and routine functions at the Transitional House, such as: overseeing clients’ medication; general supervision of clients, keeping in mind at all times their health, safety, and welfare; possible transportation of clients; grocery shopping; cooking; and performing light housekeeping duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Provides crisis intervention to individuals and groups relative to personal and social problems, and educational and vocational objectives.
- Participates in client reviews
- Assigns rooms, assists in planning recreational activities, and supervises work and study programs of clients.
- Ascertains need for, and secures services of, medical personnel as necessary.
- Answers the telephone.
- Must be willing to work the shift scheduled by the supervisor. Shifts are on a rotation schedule.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Conducts building checks at designated intervals.
- Monitors security cameras.
- Must be knowledgeable of Emergency Procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Transitional House Rules and Policies as well as recipient rights.
- Must follow the policies of the Office of the Transitional Home Programs & Services.
- Must be aware of the rules of Confidentiality and be willing to sign and abide by the laws protecting Confidentiality.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position announcement summary is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks which will be required of this position and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of the position will be. It is not intended to limit or modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of this position, nor to exclude other similar duties not mentioned. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not beheld to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level difficulty.