Position: Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) Associate Teacher
Reports to: Director of Early Childhood
Salary: Pursuant to UAW Collective Bargaining Agreement
Location: Ferndale Early Childhood Center
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Start Date: April 17, 2017
- Child Development Associates (CDA) required or willingness to enroll in coursework leading to a CDA
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with preschoolers (grant funded, center-based programs preferred)
- Good organizational and record keeping skills
- Able to work well with school staff, parents, and students
- Understanding of goals, philosophy and components of child development and grant funded preschool programs
- Possess skills, attributes and characteristics conducive to and suitable for dealing with children.
- Able to maintain a safe environment for children
- Knowledge and understanding of the NAYEC best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of early childhood program philosophies and developmentally appropriate practices
- Be knowledgeable of the High Scope Curriculum
- Such alternatives and exceptions to the above requirements as deemed appropriate for the position.
Integrate the goals of the Educational Components by:
- Provide a positive and supportive social, emotional climate
- Assist Lead Teacher in planning and implementation of curriculum
- Regularly collect anecdotal notes to document student progress in all areas of development
- Lead small group activities
- Serve and monitor student meal times and rest time
- Collaborate, plane and attend events (including some evenings) with building and district staff
- Other duties as assigned
Other qualifications are also considered in the final selection of a person to fill this position. The search for highly qualified applicants for this position is not restricted to this district.