A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are actively seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic and patient-oriented Patient Service Assistant who will share in the goal of creating the ideal imaging experience for patients, families and employees.
1. Performs clerical duties as directed by supervisor or lead.
- Utilize proper telephone skills in directing and transferring incoming calls.
- Accurately enter patient, study and physician information into the radiology information system (Radiant) and be knowledgeable of the system as it pertains to your duties.
- Accurately enter codes and pertinent information.
- Be proficient in digital processes as they pertain to your duties: Michart, faxing, scanners, and phones.
- Be proficient in work processes; directing control sheets as per study ordered (responsible for General Imaging, Mammography, and US); promptly handling all call reports & stat reads; monitoring patient flow and promptly expediting the same.
- Answer incoming phone calls and triage to appropriate location.
- Accurately record any phone messages and assure they are forwarded appropriately.
- Receive and assist patients and other customers.
- Consistently follows Radiology Gold Standard Customer Service guidelines.
- Adhere to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility, and consistently sharing information, and resources with others.
- Ability to work independently in an ever-changing and potentially stressful environment.
- Demonstrate dependability, initiative, ability to prioritize, and ability to accept direction.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MiChart, Radiology Information System (Radiant) and McKesson.
- Promote personal comfort and convenience of patients and families by routinely checking their needs.
2. Interact with patients, staff and providers in a spirit of customer service, cooperation and teamwork.
3. Demonstrate proper leadership and communication skills when assisting patients, staff or providers with problem resolution.
4. Maintains proper attendance.
5. Maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA guidelines.
6. Dress appropriately and within departmental guidelines.
7. Assist all co-workers, patients and interdepartmental staff as needed or as it pertains to your duties.
8. Coordinate and schedule Radiology procedures.9. Adapt to changing environments (flexible schedules, emergency conditions, changes in workflow, and technology advancements).
- Adhere to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility, and consistently sharing information and resources with others