Qualifications: Must have reimbursement knowledge for all payers, excellent communications skills, good letter writing skills, previous computer skills, and working knowledge of Michigan Collection Laws. Also must be organized and able to use time efficiently. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Primary Purpose of Position: Resolution of Patient Pay billing accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Resolve all past due Patient Pay accounts by the following methodology:
- Collection of past due amount.
- Transfer to collection agency
- Resolution in another manner with the result being payment (i.e. Receive documents needed to bill insurance, update insurance info, update demographics, etc.)
- Take customer phone calls regarding questions about their statement and provide customer with an adequate understanding of charges.
- Be a collection resource to service centers.
- Working knowledge of the Medstar billing system and the Condor order entry system.
- Follow up on accounts where contact has been made with patient but payment has not been received.
- Put notes in Condor of all contacts with customer and any actions taken.
- Working knowledge of verifying insurance eligibility.
- Taking responsibility to make sure your staff is trained and current in any changes.
- Taking responsibility to make sure the work is done timely
- Any other tasks, as assigned.