Express Employment in Brighton is seeking 2nd and 3rd shift Machinists for a growing company in the Warren area.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
2nd shift and 3rd shift
- Set up, operate, and program CNC lathe machines to produce parts to specifications and tooling instructions.
- Starts, observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunction such as work or damaged cutting tools and to adjust machine controls or control media as necessary.
- Change preset cutting tooling in posts, turret, indexer, or automatic tool change magazine according to specifications or process sheet. Changes location of work piece during machining process as specified in set up instructions.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and gauges. May perform first piece inspections of finished product.
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts. May perform machine maintenance as necessary.
- May design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assists co-workers whenever necessary.
- Requires walking, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time. May require lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
- May be required to perform any duties assigned or requested by the company for efficient operation.