Western Land Services is accepting applications for Summer Intern positions for 2017. Successful candidates will be assigned to various duties at our corporate office in Ludington, MI, including Accounting, IT, GIS, Human Resources and Title Research. These are paid internship opportunities estimated to last 10 weeks depending on school schedules and candidate availability. Candidates must live in the Ludington area or have housing available in the local area.
- Organize files and electronic records related to mapping projects and/or property and mineral rights ownership research.
- Data entry of information into established databases.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Above average knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to create and modify spreadsheets.
- Ability to accurately enter information into computer databases using provided instructions and standard procedures.
- Curiosity, creativity, flexibility and the ability to ask questions.
- Knowledge of basic principles of Geography/Cartography, including the ability to read and interpret maps
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to interpret basic instructions and apply problem solving techniques to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old and have completed one year of college.
- Ability to sit, stand for long periods of time and utilize standard office equipment in an indoor office environment.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or maneuver up to 10 pounds.