PURPOSE OF POSITION :
The purpose of this position is to provide maintenance support as needed; performing preventative maintenance, monitoring, and maintaining the condition of all associated equipment; performing repairs on this equipment; for performing general plant maintenance; for completing all appropriate documentation; for providing assistance and maintenance support as needed through good communications with said department personnel as well; and for recommending changes in the equipment and processes towards continuous improvement.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Support Plant operations as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance (PM) tasks according to the manufacturers’ recommendations and the PM schedules. Recommends necessary changes to the PM schedule to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs general plant or equipment maintenance in all areas as required.
- Maintains, trouble shoots, rebuilds the variety of pumps for the various processes as required.
- Diagnoses, trouble shoots minor electrical problems such as fuses, heaters, motors, and relays.
- Troubleshoots, calibrates, and performs routine maintenance on instrument controls, measuring temperatures, flows, pressures, levels, and other operating variables.
- Assists and provides support in performing daily tasks including but not limited to tool changes; assists or supports the operators or material handlers, as needed.
JSP Detroit Plant is a union facility and all employees are subject to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.