Senior Employee Relations Specialist (09593)
- Conduct major internal investigations and interventions as well as external investigations.
- Provide oversight to leaders regarding large-scale organizational change (e.g., outsourcing, downsizing, multiple job elimination due to changing jobs, technology, etc.).
- Ensure compliance enterprise-wide with state and federal laws.
- Review potential termination decisions.
- Evaluate internal trends and recommend corrective actions. Keeps abreast of current trends in the utility industry and HR profession.
- May act as a work leader and provide training relating to ER initiatives.
- May act as a facilitator or mediator in the DRP process.
- Provide input into ER strategy and operational plans.
- Provide litigation support to the corporate legal unit."
- Administration of the applicable collective bargaining agreement(s)
Council Operations Leadership to work within the CBA, grievance settlements, MOU, etc.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with applicable Bargaining Unit leadership.
- Administration of the grievance procedure within assigned Business Unit / Bargaining Unit or responsibility.
- Work with Operations leadership to administer and maintain appropriate discipline.
- Participate in Business Unit and or main table negotiations.
- Identify and implement ways to continuously improve LR activities within both the LR Department and Business Unit areas of responsibility.
Train Operations Supervision on Labor Relations.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree - Human Resources or related field.
- Five years of experience in HR or related field at a professional or executive level.
- Extensive knowledge of current state/federal fair employment laws/practices. (e.g. Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, Elliott-Larsen and Department of Labor regulations.)
- Strong facilitation, coaching, and training experience.
- Highly skilled in both oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability for problem analysis, problem solving, negotiation, and conflict management.
- Demonstrated ability with Project Management techniques and tools; accurately estimate, track, and manage project costs.
- Demonstrated experience in using a customer-focused approach to building strong client relationships with vendors and customers internal or external to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze various forms of data, and assemble findings in a report or graphic format.
- Professionalism in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Demonstrated PC proficiency; including experience with MS Office Products, Windows-based software, and Internet based services and applications.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.