A sheet metal prototype organization in Shelby Twp., MI seeks an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Office Manager with routine clerical and administrative functions. The goal of this position is to contribute to increasing organizational efficiency and effectiveness, which enables the organization to gain/maintain a competitive advantage.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greet visitors and callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate person per their needs.
- Provide services to customers, such as account information.
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management and word processing.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Set up and manage paper and electronic filing systems, record information, update paperwork, and maintain documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, and other material.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other materials and answer routine letters.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Coordinate conferences, meetings, and special events, such as luncheons.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Perform payroll functions, such as maintaining timekeeping information.
- Perform accounts payable functions, such as receipt and payment of invoices.
- Prepare and mail checks.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopiers and phone systems. Arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Order and dispense supplies.
- Attention to Detail/Troubleshooting
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Make judgments and decisions independently/Time management
- Confidentiality of sensitive information
- Exemplary organizational skills
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Business Administration, or related field; or a high school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience utilizing accounting software a plus
The Administrative Assistant does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Scheduled hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position occasionally requires overtime and a flexible work schedule.
Local travel is occasionally required for this position.
This position operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Administrative Assistant is regularly required to sit and use hands to operate computer controls. Specific vision abilities required by the Administrative Assistant include close vision. The Administrative Assistant frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Administrative Assistant is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb. The Administrative Assistant must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.