This position will be responsible for following established policies and procedures, ensure proper and timely flow of all materials and product from arrival until stored as finished goods. Also, providing flow of all in house material and product including rework, scrap, machinery, equipment and garbage. This is done primarily by driving a hi-lo or using a hand jack.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck or other device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Properly maintain housekeeping externally, in dumpster area, sweep and pick up all debris. Pick up debris from storm drain and surrounding area as well. Keep dumpster lid closed at all times.
- Shovels loose materials, such as plastics into machine hoppers or barrels and scrap boxes.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Ensure that all skids stored outside are properly covered. Skids should not be exposed to water.
- Immediately notify Team Leader of all discrepancies to established quality checks (ie, sample boards, inspection instructions, SPC, etc.).
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ie, Quality Manual, Associate Handbook, etc).
- Any other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical documentation and production documentation
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from management staff and effectively present information
- Frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently work in close proximity to machinery.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.