The Professional Maintenance Specialist (PMS) will be responsible for managing designated manufacturing equipment and technology in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will coordinate safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale initiatives related to their designated equipment and/or technology. The PMS will ensure maintenance procedures and processes are well defined, understood and practiced by the skilled trades. The Professional Maintenance Specialist must possess a high level of technical understanding of their specific technology, including operations, component life cycles, and activities required to maintain basic conditions. Provide coaching and mentoring to team members (both hourly and supervisory) regarding World Class Manufacturing techniques for problem solving and corrective action implementation.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Create Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP) related to time based maintenance (TBM), mean time between failure (MTBF) of components and equipment in their assigned technology or area, as well as the requirements to return equipment to basic conditions and/or maintain the basic conditions of their equipment/technology
- Work with members of the skilled trades staff to ensure that the PMS designated equipment/technology is maintained at basic conditions and to guide / coach the skilled trades staff on actions to restore the equipment/technology to basic conditions
- Ensure the established SMP enables the achievement of KPI's (MTBF, MTTR, and OEE)
- Address throughput, run to run, and downtime related issues with equipment in a production environment
- Coordinate activities per World Class Manufacturing (WCM) standards (particularly the autonomous and professional maintenance pillar activities)
- Impact the overall equipment effectiveness, through a systematic approach of planning and executing key maintenance enablers and coordinating all activities utilizing the CMMS - Total Maintenance System (TMS)