Department: Enrollment Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you require any auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations to apply for employment, or for an interview, at Michigan Technological University, please notify the Human Resources office at 906-487-2280 or .
Job Description Summary
Michigan Tech's Senior Manager of Honors and Scholarship Recruitment will play a critical role on our enrollment team focusing on yielding the nation's brightest students to a world class and growing institution. This person will serve as a critical link between students, families, and Michigan Tech, with a focus on scholarships and honors recruitment. It is an exciting new role that will focus on leveraging the many exciting scholarship opportunities available to prospective Michigan Tech students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
1. Work hand in hand with the financial aid and admissions teams to provide direct assistance and strategy to leverage and maximize yield for scholarship programs, primarily focusing on our premier scholarship programs
2. Ensure Michigan Tech's premier scholarship programs receive a more than adequate number of applicants and participants
3. Proactively engage Michigan Tech's brightest recruits and ensure they have everything needed to make a sound college decision
4. With compassion, provide direct assistance and aggressive follow-up for students and their families as they work through the process of applying for scholarships at Michigan Tech, and identify opportunities to leverage awards to further move students down the enrollment funnel
5. Create a robust communication and outreach plan surrounding scholarships and our process to ensure that we are optimizing the use of key and premier scholarships
6. Work hand in hand with the regional recruiting team and the financial aid team to ensure incoming undergraduate students are adequately served with regard to financial aid and scholarships available to them. This includes serving as the key contact and point person for our admissions team
7. Work closely with the Executive Director for Enrollment Initiatives to build relationships with school districts and community based organizations. Understand where synergies and opportunities might exist that leverage our available scholarships and financial aid opportunities
8. Serve as the main point of contact for high profile campus visits, including premier scholarship competitions
9. Serve on the planning committee for large on-campus and off-campus recruiting events including Open House, Preview Day, and Evenings of Excellences
10. Travel as needed to recruiting events and serve as the financial aid contact at those events
11. Participate in conferences, workshops, and meetings that provide information or opportunities to assist in improving or increasing the effectiveness of recruitment and enrolling undergraduate students
12. Commit to learning about continuous improvement strategies and applying them to everyday work
13. Actively engage in University improvement initiatives
14. Apply safety-related knowledge, skills, and practices to everyday work
15. Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education, Certifications, Licensures (minimum requirements)
* Bachelor's degree
Required Experience (minimum requirements)
* 3-years related work experience in undergraduate admissions, financial aid, higher education student services, education administration, teaching, recruiting, sales, or closely related area
* Experience using personal computer and software packages including advanced features of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proven ability to solve problems using logic and reasoning
Desirable Education and/or Experience
* Master's degree
* Graduate of Michigan Technological University and/or affinity and experience with the University
* Experience with guiding students through the financial aid process
* Experience with undergraduate admissions and recruitment practices at a four-year institution
* Experience recruiting undergraduate students interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) programs, as well as those interested in undersubscribed programs
* Experience working within a CRM system
* Experience working with academic advisors or other academic constituencies at a University
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)
* Excellent oral/written communication, customer interaction, and interpersonal skills
* An uncanny ability to empathetically work directly with people as they move through confusing situations, and a relentless drive to solve problems for customers or prospective students.
* Demonstrated ability to be highly self-motivated and work independently without direct supervision
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff
* Proven competence in managing multiple tasks and competing priorities
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed, including nights and occasional weekends
* Demonstrated ability to give engaging presentations to both large and small groups
* Possession of a valid driver's license and demonstrated ability to comply with Michigan Tech vehicle-use requirements
* Demonstrated commitment to contribute to... For full info follow application link.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.