This position reports directly to the Production Team Leader and is responsible
for the general and specific job duties of DexSys Lansing as described below:
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a
positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem-solving skills in a work environment that is striving
for continuous improvement.
- To follow Company policies and display conduct expected of DexSys Lansing
employees as described in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of DexSys
Lansing to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner
at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that
the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a
timely manner when they occur.
Specific Job Duties:
- Participate in daily team meetings and offer ideas/suggestions that contribute
to meeting the performance objectives for the Department (See attached
- Inspect parts unloaded from the paint line and remove flash with utility knife
and/or flaming torch as needed.
- Check parts for defects and communicate identified defects to Team Leader
or Control Plan Administrator for corrective action.
- Apply tape to various areas of the fascia to prepare for painting.
- Sign off on completed parts to indicate part acceptance.
- Place prepared fascias into protective bag and load onto appropriate parts
- Learn all jobs in the assembly production area to enable job rotation and
continuous improvement activities. Maintain housekeeping in work area at all
- Perform other duties as required.
Related Work Experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively along with basic
mathematical skills required.
- This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while
standing or walking a minimum of eight (8) hours a day, the ability to lift up to
15 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis,
and the ability to perform work that is below the knees and above the
shoulders on an occasional basis. This position also requires a person to be
capable of performing sustained motion for a minimum of eight (8) hours a
day and capable of repetitive motion for up to four (4) hours. Good vision at a
close distance is required.