Ferndale Laboratories, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Maintenance Machinist. We provide eligible employees: medical, dental, vision, paid holidays and a 401(k) program with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements of this position, please apply today!
Performs repairs, replacement, adjustments and preventative maintenance of manufacturing packaging and facility support systems. Works on assignments that are extremely complex in nature in which independent action and a high level of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations. Requires a computer background and knowledge of industrial programmable logic controllers. Must be able to utilize complicated drawings and specifications to locate and diagnose failures and perform complex repair and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on Manufacturing and QC equipment serviced by the Facilities Department following approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on building utilities (e.g. compressed air, boiler, water system, etc.) following approved SOPs.
- Setup packaging machinery with human/machine interfaces (HMI)
- Write, revise and provide input for SOP generation and revisions.
- Assume major role in assigned projects (process improvements, etc.)
- Assists with department training for MIOSHA programs such as Hazardous Energy, Electrical Safety Work Practices, Hot Work and Confined Space Programs following approved SOPs.
- Must be able to operate and maintain FLIs purified water system.
- Other maintenance tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with peers and management. Basic reading comprehension and math skills. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office. Required to lift 55 lbs vertically along with push and pull requirements of 50 lbs force (rolling loads). Previous experience in FDA-regulated industry a plus.
Level I (0-2 years experience):
- Proper use and knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of building utilities (electrical, compressed air, boiler, steam delivery piping and domestic and purified water systems).
- Knowledge of sanitary piping systems.
Level II (2+ years experience):
- Level I Knowledge
- Must be proficient in all areas of setup, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and installations
Level III (5+ years experience):
- Expert use and knowledge of common hand and power tools.
- Expert knowledge of building utilities (electrical, compressed air, boiler, steam delivery piping and domestic & purified water systems).
- Expert knowledge of sanitary piping systems.
- Expert interpretation of industrial drawings and plans
- Expert knowledge in all areas of setup, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and installations.
- Knowledge of MIOSHA Safety Programs
Education & Experience:
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, good mechanical aptitude and previous experience as listed above. Associates Degree in Industrial Technologies or Computer Science preferred.
EO Employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled