Basic Job Description:
Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, installation, repair, fabrication, and preventative maintenance tasks on metal fabrication equipment. Experience with mechanical presses, press brakes, lasers, machining centers, and/or robotic welders is a required. Position requires being on your feet all day and ability to lift up to 50 lbs. 80% machine repair and maintenance; 20% building repair and maintenance.
- Must have 5+ years of repair experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical components.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment such as calipers and micrometers.
- Electrical skills required for installing and troubleshooting various systems.
- Current experience with mechanical stamping presses, brake presses, lasers, cranes and lift trucks
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge of all MIOAHS and OSHA Standards.
- 5+ years of experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experience identifying components from parts breakdowns.
- Ability to troubleshoot power transmission components, bearings, belts, cams, etc.…
- Familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics with ability to read and understand
- schematics and do basic calculations to specify components.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to use electrical troubleshooting skills to include a multimeter, megger tester, amp meter, etc.…
- Ability to read and understand ladder logic for troubleshooting programmable logic controllers.
- Familiar with spare parts inventory control systems.
- Ability to work well with others is a must.
- Additional duties as assigned which may be required from time to time.All mechanics are expected to have their own tools; (a list will be provided).
This is a lean manufacturing environment where all employees have a broad range of responsibilities.
- Valid driver’s License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to occasionally lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must have own tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in facility maintenance, and machine repair
Must be able to drug screening, and background check