Administrative Aide 7
Apply now (https://secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com/apply/1021/gateway/default.aspx?c=apply&lJobID=493028&lJobSourceTypeID=796&sLanguage=en-us) Job No: 21232RPx3
Department: Financial Services & Operations
Work Type: Union
Location: Lakeshore Center (Houghton, MI)
Full Time / Part Time: Part Time
Categories: Office/Clerical Support
Department: Financial Services & Operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
If you require any auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations to apply for employment, or for an interview, at Michigan Technological University, please notify the Human Resources office at 906-487-2280 or email@example.com.
Job Description Summary
The Administrative Aide 7 is a member of the Financial Services & Operations team and is responsible for maintaining the fixed asset records of the University. Other responsibilities include processing location changes, assisting with the annual physical inventory, and reviewing surplus equipment/property requests. This position also utilizes the document imaging system, Perceptive Content to route, scan, and link documents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
Provide excellent customer service to a diverse population of both internal and external customers in a professional, friendly, and courteous manner.
Independently perform accounting related activities pertaining to the fixed assets of the University.
Utilize Banner to extract financial information for the tagging of equipment acquisitions.
Maintain the fixed asset database.
Review and monitor the return of tagging forms and photos of fixed asset additions.
Approve financial transactions in workflow queues.
Reconcile the operating ledger of fixed asset additions to the general ledger.
Maintain equipment coordinator list, and lists of government owned and sponsored loaned equipment.
Monitor surplus furniture and property storage.
Independently review fixed asset records for disposition restrictions and process disposals.
Monitor department email regarding property.
Provide administrative support to other units within Financial Services & Operations.
Utilize the document imaging system to scan, link, and append documents.
Other duties as assigned.
Apply safety-related knowledge, skills, and practices to everyday work.
Commit to learning about continuous improvement strategies and applying them to everyday work. Actively engage in University continuous improvement initiatives.
Required Education, Certifications, Licensures (minimum requirements)
• High school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education from which comparable knowledge and ability can be acquired.
Required Experience (minimum requirements)
• Three years clerical experience working in a multi-individual administrative office environment.
• Three years of experience using personal computers and basic software packages, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe.
• Experience using advanced features of spreadsheet/database applications such as formulas, sorting, linking and importing and exporting files.
Desirable Education and/or Experience
• Experience and/or coursework in bookkeeping and/or accounting
• Demonstrated experience using Banner and Perceptive Content
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and written/oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with frequent and multiple interruptions.
• Demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments in a complex work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to use good judgement when dealing with confidential information.
• Demonstrated ability to interact well with other departments.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to change.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and contribute to the overall smooth operation of a service environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new computer skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
• Experience with LEAN and other continuous improvement processes.
Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following 4 required trainings; additional training may be required by the department.
Required University Training:
Employee Safety Overview
Anti-Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation Training
Annual Data Security Training
Annual Title IX Training
Offers of employment are contingent upon and not considered finalized until the required background check has been performed and the results received and assessed.
Other Conditions of Employment:
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. Visa sponsorship is unavailable at this time. This is not an E-Verified Position.
Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) % (1=100%)
Contractual. External candidates will receive the minimum amount ($14.25/hr).
Title of Position Supervisor
Internal & External Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)
UAW Posting 9/6/2022 - 9/12//2022
External applicants are encouraged to apply, however internal UAW applicants are given first consideration if they apply during the internal UAW posting dates.
Required Education, Certifications, Licensures* (minimum requirements)
Advertised: 06 Sep 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now (https://secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com/apply/1021/gateway/default.aspx?c=apply&lJobID=493028&lJobSourceTypeID=796&sLanguage=en-us) Refer a friend