Department: Residence Education & Housing Services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you require any auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations to apply for employment, or for an interview, at Michigan Technological University, please notify the Human Resources office at 906-487-2280 or .
Job Description Summary
The Housing Operations Coordinator is a 12-month, full time position responsible for coordinating multiple logistical operations for the department, ensuring an efficient housing operation that maximizes satisfaction for students. Responsibilities include direct management and oversight of the comprehensive front desk system in the university's residence halls, ensuring the students are provided an exceptional customer service experience and that the facility is presenting an image consistent with the university. This position will assist with similar projects including the management of the Quad Core Fitness Centers in the halls, supervision of the Operations Assistants who provide facility support, and assist with summer conference planning. Additionally, they will partner with the Assistant Director of Housing to coordinate an off campus transition program for undergraduate resident students that helps prepare them for success in off campus living and provides them resources to listings to successfully find housing. Close proximity to campus is important to provide after hours support to operational functions as needed. Staff is provided a 1 bedroom on campus apartment at no cost and a meal plan. Staff may negotiate to reside off campus provided they are able to provide a response plan for after hours support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
Front Desk Management (20%)
* Direct, manage and oversee the operations for the residence hall front desk system ensuring an exceptional customer service experience for stakeholders.
* Supervise the training, recruitment and evaluation model that results in a high caliber front desk team (with the assistance of the student Desk Coordinator) at every residence hall front desk that will ensure staff are efficient in maintaining desk operations and responsibilities
* Partner with the Director of Housing Auxiliary Operations and Residence Education in the creation of a long term front desk facility improvement plan that will ensure MTU is providing a cutting edge front desk resource for students
* Maintain oversight of desk staff payroll and establish an equitable process on wage increases
* Create a communication plan that will provide regular and timely updates to the residential community about policies, procedures, urgent events, and other pertinent updates related to their housing experience
Quad Core Fitness Center Management Responsibilities (20%)
* Provide leadership and oversight to the management of the Quad Core Fitness Center facility and provide recommendations for improvements as needed
* Partner with the Director of Housing Auxiliary Operations and Residence Education to manage the budget for the Quad Core Fitness Center and assemble a short term and long term facility improvement plan
* Routinely check the Quad Core Fitness Center spaces on a weekly basis and partner with facilities on submitting work orders addressing disrepairs
* Collect student interest and solicit feedback on ways to improve the Quad Core experience for resident students
Summer Conferencing Responsibilities (20%)
* Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager in the recruitment, coordination and efficient execution of the departments summer conferences program
* Provide excellent customer service to all summer conferencing participants ensuring efficient and accurate smooth operations in all aspects of logistical planning
* Partner with Summer Youth Programs (SYP) as needed in supporting cross over logistical planning between camps and conferences
Off Campus and independent living coordinator responsibilities (20%)
* Partner with the Assistant Director of Housing in the creation and management of a single source resource (e.g., print and website) that provides updated listings of available off-campus housing for students.
* Market available resources to the residential community
* Collaborate with the graduate school on assisting graduate students to successfully connect with off campus living resources
* Assist in the creation of an off-campus educational program taught each semester that will assist students in making successful transitions to independent living (off-campus housing)
Logistical coordinator for various Housing Projects (20%)
* Oversee the Operational Assistant program including the training, supervision, and overall management for up to five staff who provide operational support to the residence halls
* Support and assist department and divisional leaders in efforts to enhance brand, operations, services, visibility, and impact internally and externally, especially within the profession.
* Perform other mission-critical and position-specific duties as requested based on operational needs (e.g., all-hands-on-deck events such as orientation, welcome week, homecoming, commencement, and other university traditions)
Core mission-critical duties for Auxiliary Services/Student Affairs staff
* Apply safety-related knowledge, skills, and practices to everyday work.
* Actively engage in creating an inclusive, welcoming, and... For full info follow application link.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.