Retail Store Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by helping them select products.
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to customers’ questions.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Manages financial transactions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- Alerts management of potential security issues.
- Assists with inventory, including stocking merchandise.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
Retail Store Associate Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Selling to customer needs
- Product knowledge
- People skills
- Energy level
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Job knowledge
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- 0-1 years of retail experience desired
- Saturday & Monday 9:45AM - 6:15PM
- Sunday 9:45AM - 5:00PM
- Option for additional 8 hours per week:
- Thursday & Friday 2:00PM - 6:15PM
- Will be responsible for closing store independently
There will be an opportunity to learn about sustainable parenting, i.e. cloth diapering, consignment, etc. As well as learning about pregnancy and birth resources in our community. Candidate should possess interest in learning more on these topics and desire to support.