We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
.Net Senior Software Engineer
Work both individually and cooperatively with a team of developers to participate in the development of application software, framework and business components; learning and using new techniques, technologies, and tools; writing unit tests and test suites; designing and developing new product features; and maintenance, bug fixing, and performance improvement of existing software.
• Design and implementation of inherently scalable and high-availability systems supporting high volume and high concurrency transactional and reporting applications.
• Individual coding contribution to develop robust business applications;
• Lead and provide continuous support and guidance to developers to ensure high standards, efficiency, performance, data integrity, accuracy and security of applications.
• Communication and collaboration with business users and stakeholders to analyze business needs, understand functional requirements and develop documentation required to implement the solutions.
• Collaborate with development management and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
• Provide occasional support of Production systems if need arises.
All About You
• Experience with
• Hands-on experience and expertise developing with the Microsoft .NET Core (.Net 5/6 is a plus), C#, ASP.NET MVC.
• Working experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL.
• Proven knowledge of Software Development principles and design patterns as well as ability to design, describe and navigate complex systems architecture.
• Proficiency in Entity Framework and LINQ.
• Familiarity with Git
• Experience writing and using unit tests to validate development releases.
• Experience with agile development methodologies and strong knowledge of all phases of system development life cycle required.
• Ability to concurrently handle multiple projects is necessary.
• Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills are must.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Be very motivated to resolve product issues quickly and reliably.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Enjoy being a member of a software development team.
• Thrive on technical challenges and take pride in finding elegant, sustainable solutions; constantly thinking of ways to improve our productivity, reliability, and code base.
• Understands requirement analysis being essential part of delivering value to our customers and partners and participate in elaboration, prioritization, and effort estimation
• Familiar with secure coding standards (e.g., OWASP, CWE, SEI CERT)
• Knowledge of electronic billing and payment processes, disciplines and standards is a strong plus.
• Additional points for experience with Cloud, Redis and/or NoSQL
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.