Fitter/Welder (MIG and Stick). An applicant must have several years of fitting experience in steel fabrication working with structural steel. Ability to do layouts and read blue prints is a must. Looking for experience in making cat walks, construction steel structures, landing platforms, etc. Must be able to pass background check and hair testing as this position is working inside Dow.
Location: Midland, MI
Position Type: Full Time with possibility of overtime, including Saturday.
Welder Pay: $13.00-- 17.00 per hour DOE and certifications.
Structural Steel Welder Requirements:
- Two or more years of experience of structural welding preferred
- Must have the ability to read basic welding blueprints (symbols)
- Welding parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead, etc.
- Igniting flame or striking an arc while welding or performing other electricity-related work to weld part of a metal structure
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product
- High school diploma or GED required with Vocational Training and/or Technical Education
- Must have ability to regularly move, twist, bend, and crouch while working. (weld in all positions)
- Will be required to take a weld test prior to being hired
- Must have own welding helmet
- Lifting 50+lbs.
- A successful candidate has to have a reliable transportation.
- Proven work history.
- Be able to pass background check and drug test.
Four Ways To Apply: (choose one)
- Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete an online application on our website https://www.expresspros.com/midlandmi submit it to the Midland, Michigan, location.
- Call our office 989-832-6994, Fax your up to date resume to 989-832-8263
- Visit our office 5800 Eastman Ave, Ste#203 – Midland, MI 48640
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you're looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions.
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
- Structural Steel Welding: 2 years
- Required license or certification:
- Welding Certification
- Required education: