Job Title: SMT Operator Technician
Locaiton: Wixom, MI
As an SMT Operator Technician (for electronic assembly), you will tend to the machine by quickly and efficiently loading/replenishing feeders with reels of components, entering programs into automated placement machinery, and prepping for the next build with the primary goal being to maximize machine productive time.
• Operate solder paste, reflow oven, and SMT pick/place machine (MyData).
• Set up SMT component feeders and trays for SMT pick/place machines (lifting up to 50 lbs.).
• Set up solder paste machine for stenciling of printed circuit boards.
• Set up reflow oven for soldering printed circuit board assembly.
• Ability to perform semi-routine adjustments, troubleshooting, and quality auditing.
• Attention to detail is a essential.
• Continually strive to develop ways to reduce costs and improve overall quality.
• Must be self-motivated to meet scheduling goals with minimum supervisions.
• Must be flexible to alternate between job assignments.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
Education and Experience:
• High School degree / GED required.
• Associates degree in Electronics Technology is a plus.
• 2+ year’s work experience preferred.
• Computer skills a plus.
• Pass and maintain IPC-A-610D certification.
• Ability to solder/desolder.
• Thorough understanding of electronic circuitry.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must write legibly.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
• The majority of the work is to be performed in a standing position. The ability to remain standing for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
• May occasionally perform duties in a sitting, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
• May be required to use hands to finger, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
• Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
• The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
• The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
• You may be required to wear eye protection.
• This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.