BUILD your career with an organization that is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing more than 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and delivers hope to missing children and their families across the nation through its signature Have You Seen Me? Program.
CREATE our future by integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, to precisely target our clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale.
We are intelligent media delivery.
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries, and RetailMeNot Everyday is its consumer brand. Its signature Have You Seen Me? program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Valassis is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings.
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Position Summary: Supports the Human Resources Department in administrative responsibilities and provides back up to the Corporate Receptionist.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Support the Human Resources team with administrative tasks including but not limited to: Personnel file maintenance, internal audits, workers compensation, unemployment claims, referral bonus payments, report generating and distribution, immigration, invoicing, etc.
- Will be involved in the process with new hires, terms and associate changes.
- Serve as back up to the Corporate Receptionist as needed with answering incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and direct calls to appropriate associate or department. Operates paging system to relay in-house announcements or call individuals to phone if required.
- Enter into two-way exchange with departments to ensure callers are provided the assistance needed
- Covers receptionist for over-flow calls during the day, back up for breaks, lunches, extended hours and time off
- Assist with meeting preparations including ordering food, making copies, scheduling rooms, etc.
- Involved in planning and preparation of on-site company events.
Education & Knowledge:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) some college courses preferred.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- 1 3 years of experience in a professional environment in roles similar to: customer service and/or administrative support.
- Good computer skills, proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet. Some PowerPoint experience desired. Proficiency in Excel is highly desired, working with advanced functions.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and ability to effectively determine priorities.
- Takes initiative, problem solver and identifies/implements process improvements.
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
Valassis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator.
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: