Fisher Dynamics has an immediate need for experienced Shipping & Receiving Clerks. This 3rd shift opening will support our busy production facility in St. Clair Shores. S&R Clerks require Hi-Lo and computer skills. The department is structured as a formal team, and requires the ability to work within the team.
Responsible for driving a hi-lo to support the material handling activities in the company. It is also responsible for organizing material to ensure on-time delivery to the various internal locations within the plants and to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate a hi-lo to load and unload trucks
• Operate a hi-lo to rotate stock for purposes of ensuring proper lot rotation and usage
• Scan and verify shipments incoming and outgoing to manifest
• Ensure containers are properly labeled
• Planning, organizing, and prioritizing of activities to meet material handling requirements and deadlines
• Perform basic housekeeping to keep area clean and safe
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or equivalent
One to Two years of experience
- Operate a Hi-Lo and industrial scale
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Ability to judge distances, speed of moving objects, and the ability to lift and move stacked pallets and containers efficiently
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Knowledge of TS16949 quality standards and ISO14001
- Problem solving skills sufficient to address both routine and non-routine problems
- Communication skills to interact with employees, customers and suppliers in a professional manner
- Computer literacy skills include the ability to perform basic data entry, scanning and to operate visual ‘touch screen’ display panels
- Math skills sufficient to perform department related tasks are required
- Ability to work effectively with people
Safety glasses are required. Other safety equipment required on an as needed basis.
Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment and Shipping Dock. Exposure to weather when unloading trucks and transporting material outdoors and between plants
Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment and Shipping. Job requires very frequent visual effort and concentration, and extensive driving of hi-lo’s. The ability to lift 40 pounds is required. The work requires regular sitting, standing, moving about, and involves a variety of physical activities.