Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Site Support Technician with our Calcium Chloride plant located in Ludington, Michigan.
Essential Job Duties:
- Packaging of calcium chloride products and operating a forklift truck.
- Loading calcium chloride products into rail cars and trucks.
- Maintaining and cleaning out of rail switches.
- Operating a fire hose and other water type hoses.
- Operating air hammers and other power tools.
- Observing personnel involved in a vessel entry.
- Shoveling a variety of materials such as sand, snow, and ditches.
- Wheelbarrow work.
- Working in elevated areas.
- Frequent use of portable ladders.
- Maintaining the grounds of the plant site.
- Painting and raking of plant properties.
- Occasionally create or update department procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Issue Safe Work Permit.
- Lock and tag out equipment.
- Other general labor duties as assigned.
- Actively support plant and corporate HESS safety programs, objectives, and expectations.
- Follow the Ludington Guiding Principles.
- Actively support and participate on teams or in programs to continuously improve plant operations.
- Must be able to work with others in a self-directed workforce environment. Teamwork is an essential competency.
- Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, and stooping are required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.