Project Service Inc (PSI) is currently seeking applicants for a full time general labor position in the Sagola, MI area. $17.00/hour. Full time benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401K, and paid holidays/vacation. Must pass background check and drug test.
To provide safe, quality and reliable support to LP and its co-workers on a variety of tasks.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations according to LP standards
- Burner Care- Clean ash from burners and shovel in dumpster. Remove ash from burner floor and walls, clean ductwork.
- Blender Care- Clean all resin build up off blender flights, spinner heads and manifold header.
- E-tube Care- Assist Dryer personal PM environmental equipment.
- Recycle Fan Care- Properly clean recycle fans in dryer area per SOP.
- Bag House Care- Remove and install bag house bags as needed. Remove dirty bags, remove from cages and replace with new clean bags.
- Dryer Drum Trunnion Care- Remove oil and grease from trunnion base, floor and catch pans. Properly dispose material in accordance with environmental regulations.
- Required to be familiar with following equipment: Dryer Burners, Blenders, E-tubes, Recycle fans, Baghouses, Dryer Drums operations and functions.
- Checks tolerances, inspects and cleanse knives of green end equipment
- Uses brush and solvent to clean knives
- Uses jig and tools to assemble knives / clamps
- Cleans and restores score tips on clamps
- Maintains knife room and work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Observes all environmental and safety regulations including wearing all protective equipment required
Necessary PPE Needed:
- Hard hat (LP provided one time)
- Full face respirator (LP provided one time)
- Safety glasses ( LP provided nonprescription glasses)
- Proper hand protection (LP provided)
- Dust mask (LP provided)
- Fire Boots (LP provided)
- Kevlar Gloves LP will provide
- Kevlar Sleeves LP will provide
- Face shield LP will provide
Required PPE not Supplied Include:
- Steel Toe Boots
- Prescription safety glasses
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Forklift license
- Good eye / hand coordination
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Knowledge of manlift, bobcat operation
- Knowledge of safe operation of hand and air tools, lawnmowers, weed eaters, fire extinguishers, paint and cleaning products
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Preferred high school diploma or equivalent desired
- Manufacturing or production experience preferred.
Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Exposure to high temperatures
- Manufacturing environment
- May work in confined spaces and at heights.