We are currently searching for a Robot Programmer for our automation integrator in the Flint, MI area. This is a direct hire opportunity and requires about 50-60% travel locally and out of state.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Experienced in designing Robot software for industrial machines from scratch that meets end user specifications.
- Able to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and following customer specifications
- Experience in Fanuc robot programming; any other robot programming skills a plus
- Ability to follow standards
- Ability to combine standards, past project designs, and new designs
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret mechanical, fluids, and electrical prints
- Ability to draft standard robot software templates to be used by other software engineers
- Ability to estimate tasks and the duration of tasks required to complete a project
- Ability to manage software change requests and open issues
- Ability to write technical documents and reports.
Job Requirements Requirements:
- Must have advanced computer skills
- Must have proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints
- Ability to safely perform duties in an industrial manufacturing floor environment
- Ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical issues and provide possible solutions.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Travel is required for this position