Provide general maintenance throughout building/community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Building Maintenance – the following job duties for building maintenance must be conducted from work orders, as assigned, or that arise during the course of the shift.
- HVAC unit preventative maintenance and repair
- Plumbing repairs – includes fixing toilets, sinks, drains
- Electrical repairs – include changing overhead fluorescent lighting, TV/VCR installations, checking electrical outlets
- Furniture and other items requested to be moved or repaired
- Grounds work (sweeping, shoveling, loading bags of salt into tractor, salting with tractor or by hand, weeding, picking up items around the grounds, etc.)
- Painting/renovation (examples include installing equipment, removing installed items, etc.)
- Janitorial/floor care, using floor scrubber, broom, vacuum, etc.
B. Conduct mechanical and security rounds/ Inspections
- Tour entire building frequently throughout shift to ensure all doors are locked/unlocked or opened/closed appropriately.
- Tour building frequently throughout shift to ensure security and safety of building.
- Perform checks, corrections or report concerns immediately.
C. Deliver/Pickup of supplies, parts, etc.
- May require making trips throughout the building to ensure supplies are delivered/received or making trips to store to purchase items needed for shift.
D. Assist with Planning of Repairs/Projects
- Work with appropriate staff to recommend or plan repairs, improvements, etc. for maintenance-related areas.
The essential functions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience with general maintenance functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and communicate with team members, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to work in a multi-faceted role.
- Ability to work independently to ensure maintenance repairs, issues are resolved appropriately and safely.
- Willing to perform functions that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or infectious waste.
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours, as necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe working procedures.