Since 1912, Gardner-White has been setting the standard in quality, value and service when it comes to finding, delivering and exceeding our customer's expectations through our commitment to providing an experience that makes, not only our customer’s and members of the Gardner-White team feel like family.
It’s this feeling of family that has allowed Gardner-White to continue growing and expand its reach across Metro Detroit. With just over 400 employees and 9 locations and an average tenure of 20 years, Gardner-White has a stellar reputation for providing extensive training and mentoring from one of the industry leading experts with over 45 years of experience in the furniture industry, as well as mentoring and career progression planning.
If the team is successful, we ALL are successful! This is what has kept Gardner-White as one of the leading furniture retailers in Detroit, and why people want to be part of our family. Success!
Are you? Energetic, love working with people, and wanting to be part of an organization where you can make a difference; have the potential to learn about an industry where you can truly become an expert and grow your career as well as increase your earning potential based on what YOU are able to accomplish within a team?
Then we want to talk with YOU!
- Process shipment of large furniture items (i.e. sofas, chairs, loveseats, tables, etc.)
- Use of dolly's and / or forklift pickers for moving and processing shipment
- Organizing merchandise for easy processing through the warehouse
- Organizing packaging material for recycling
- Light assembly of furniture items
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Prior experience working in a warehoue environment - preferably processing shipment of large items such as furniture / appliances a plus
- Prior forklift experience a huge plus
- Prior experience with assembly or use of hand tools a plus
- Ability to lift up to 120lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work within a team environment and assist wherever needed in the warehouse
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to pass a background and drug test
- Ability to work several shifts and or overtime if needed
- Ability to work weekends
***Distribution Center currently operates on 2 shifts with shift hours depending on position / duties. Typical operating times are 6:30am to 1am (shifts are 8+ hours long).***
Open interviews are conducted daily at our Distribution Center - simply stop in to the location, fill out an application, and ask to speak to a distribution center manager.